Nature Up North 2020 Calendar Photo Contest
It's midsummer, and that means it's time for our annual call for submissions for the Nature Up North 2020 Calendar!
Over the years, members of the community have shared thousands of photos, observations, and stories with us online at www.natureupnorth.org/encounters. Each year in September, we select our favorite photos from the previous 12 months to highlight in our annual Nature Up North Calendar. Photos selected range from wildlife sightings and landscapes to game camera pics and photos from outdoor adventures.
The grand prize contest winner will receive a $50 gift certificate to the TAUNY North Country Folkstore and their winning entry photograph will be featured on the cover of the 2020 calendar. Second place will receive a $25 gift certificate to the St. Lawrence University Brewer Bookstore in Canton. All individuals whose photos are selected for the calendar will receive two complimentary calendars.
Calendar Contest Guidelines:
- Photos will only be considered if they are submitted as Encounters on natureupnorth.org. To submit a photo, first, visit natureupnorth.org and create a free user account. You will receive an email when your account is approved, which may take 24-48 hrs (note: emails may redirect to spam).
- After logging in with your account, select “Share an Encounter” from the menu options on the homepage. Pinpoint the location of the photo, upload your image(s), and describe what you saw.
- Photos must be taken in Northern New York (St. Lawrence, Franklin, Jefferson, Clinton, Essex, Hamilton, Lewis, or Herkimer counties)
- The deadline is September 1st, 2019. All Nature Up North Encounter photos submitted since September 2018 will be considered in the contest.
- Photos from previous years are accepted but must be submitted by the contest deadline.
Nature Up North calendars will go on sale at local businesses in late October. If you have any questions about the contest, please contact Emlyn Crocker, Nature Up North Project Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to see your North Country nature photos!
*Disclaimer* Nature Up North Encounter photos don’t need to be calendar-worthy. In fact, we love it when you share any images from your nature experiences. All North Country nature shots, whether they're pro-quality or slightly blurry, are encouraged at any time of year.